Simply Beautiful

Simply Beautiful
Every night has a New Day Coming

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Traveling Giants of my life...

Ephesians 4:11 tells us "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" .  This is what is referred to as the "Five-Fold Ministry", meaning the five callings God places on His children "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" (Eph. 4:12&13). 

I enjoyed myself so much with the reflection my previous post (Giants of my life) brought, that I thought I would do the same for the other offices God has used to shape and make me who I am.  I started with Pastors, now here are the Evangelists.

Mikel French - Under this man's ministry I received the call to ministry myself. (A revival he held at 1st A/G in Okmulgee, OK)

Sam Austin - My favorite preacher.  Somehow what Bro. Sam preaches goes down into the depths of my soul.  Many a time when things have bothered me I have pulled out an old tape and let his words minister to me all over again.

Renee Moore - My sister has the fire (and she is Tracy's favorite).  Renee has a passion for old time Pentecost today and the way she delivers her sermons would make an Egyptian mummy shout!   

Glen Berry - Not the most dynamic preacher, but I've NEVER seen anyone with such an anointing in the altars.  He delivers a solid word (it's great stuff just reserved in presentation) but when he prays the Holy Spirit moves in Pentecostal fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment