Simply Beautiful

Simply Beautiful
Every night has a New Day Coming

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Work makes you sweat!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

In my last post I had mentioned there have been many changes in our lives.  In May of 2012 I had decided that I needed to make some changes in the life of our family.  I hope you understand what I'm about to say, "Not everywhere is a good fit for everybody".

For 19 months we had pastured a church where I was the only member of my family that was happy and I had allowed myself to slump into wimppiness (read last weeks blog).  There was nothing wrong with the church.  We were growing, people were being saved and good things were happening, it just wasn't a good fit for us. 

That happens in all things I guess.  People change churches all the time, but when it's a pastor it becomes a bit of a drama you don't want.  It has been my experience that when a pastor leaves people take it far too personal, like they did something wrong.  Here's an example; when we moved from a church we had pastured for some years I LOVED my new home!  Oh it was great, everything was so new and different from the restaurants to the sunrises.  On Facebook and here in my blog I would praise the Lord for all He had done and was doing but this was not a good thing to some.

Dear and long time friends felt I was disrespecting them in my good reports as if I were saying the joy of my new home was a slight against where I once had lived.  I was defriended and I don't just mean on Facebook.

Change is never easy.  Change always takes work.  If you want to lose weight a diet will be necessary even though you know it will be unpleasant to say the least.  Anytime we have moved, or changed where we were ministering it has been hard on us, hard on our friends, and even hard on the furniture but that's what change is, work!

If there is something in your life that needs to be changed get to work!  It may be hard but the results are always worth it.  Now, get up off that computer and do something you've been needing to do for a long time.  Read your Bible, go for a walk, call a family member you haven't talked to in a while or how about a suggestion that is always good - pray.

Work may make you sweat but it's the ONLY way things get done and change is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment