Simply Beautiful

Simply Beautiful
Every night has a New Day Coming

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Use a Broom to Clean, Not to Sleep

I want to share with you something I borrowed from a friend on Facebook.

Interesting conversation with God.
Me: God, can I ask you a question?

God: Sure.
...
Me: Promise you won't get mad?

God: I promise.

Me: Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do you mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late.

God: Yes.

Me: My car took forever to start.

God: Okay.

Me: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.

God: Hmmm.

Me: On the way home my phone went dead just as I picked up a call.

God: Okay.

Me: And on top of all that, when I got home I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

God: Well, let me see. The Death Angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

Me: (humbled): OH...

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The person who made your first sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what he has.
I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me: (embarrassed): Ok...
** Remember this next line **God: Your phone went dead because the person who was calling was going to give false witness about what you said during that call. I didn't even let you talk to them so that you would be covered.

Me: (softly) I see, God.

God: Oh, and that foot massager had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me in all things, the good and the bad.

Me: I will trust you.

God: And don't doubt that MY plan for your day is always better than your plan.

Me: I won't, God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.


God: You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God, and I love looking after my children.

The line from God that said "Your phone went dead because the person who was calling was going to give false witness about what you said during that call. I didn't even let you talk to them so that you would be covered." When I read that today for the first time something weird happened.  My tears just burst forth on my face. 


If you've ever been the victim of a false witness you know how painful that can be.  I have been and my reaction to those words told me something I didn't like, I'm not over it yet.  I THOUGHT I was, but obviously I'm not.

I went through a place in my life where terrible things were said about me.  Things that when I heard them I thought "That's crazy!  Who would believe that?!?" annnnnd it turned out many did.  Dang.  The hurt was SO devastating I resigned my church, pulled myself and my family out of everything we were doing and like Elijah went running to the desert.  By the way, the desert is hot and inhospitable.  It's a place where you may want to lie down and die - don't go there!

In the desert I discovered far more was said and far more was believed.  Things that were misquotes, taken out of context, and flat out lies were easily taken as the truth and I was looking for that broom tree.  That's a bad place to dwell and just when I thought I was getting out of the desert I went back and looked at my blog history and couldn't believe the recent track in my writings and it was easy to see I need a healing to move forward.

So let me take this in a COMPLETELY different direction, what do YOU battle that is hard to get over?  What event or relationship has left you scarred in a manner that just when you think you're over it there it comes again?  I think most of us have something.  Here in just a few minutes I'm going to get off my computer and I'm going to go write down the most devastating hurts I've had in my life.  I'm going to include the names of people who've hurt me and when I'm done, down at the bottom of the page I'm going to write Habakkuk 2:1 which says "I will take my position and be on watch, placing myself on my tower, looking out to see what he will say to me, and what answer he will give to my protest."

Habakkuk was a minor prophet who like his contemporary Jeremiah had to prophesy things people didn't want to hear.  However, Habakkuk asked God questions on "Why would bad people succeed and the righteous suffer?"  That's me sometimes.  I wonder why folks I know aren't living as they should appear blessed and those I know love the Lord struggle. 

That's why that scripture will be at the bottom of my list.  Habakkuk didn't know but in 2:1 he proclaims it doesn't matter, I will do my job and one day I will hear His answers to my complaints.  I want to serve the Lord like that. 

I may never get over my hurt.  Somethings don't go away just ask Paul (2 Corinthians 12:7).  We must love the Lord enough to go on even when we are hurting, even when we don't understand.  I will burn my list as a symbol to my physical mind and remind the enemy those things are consumed by my dedication to the Lord.

False witnesses, liars, adulterers, heartache, abuse, abandonment and on and on the list can go.  We all have hurts and problems but we can all have Jesus as well.  Turn to him whenever those feelings come and like Habakkuk you (and I) can do what He needs us to do.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and remember, YOU ARE LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment